WebHost Manager® (WHM) User Guide
For WHM version 11.28
This documentation describes the WHM interface and how you can use it to manage your server.
WHM Home screen
The WHM Home
screen contains most of the features that server owners use regularly.
- WHM Home Screen — Read this documentation to learn about WHM features.
- WHM Glossary — This document reviews a number of essential terms used in the WHM documentation.
Additional WHM screens
These documents describe additional WHM screens.
- Initial Setup Wizard — This document describes the steps in the Initial Setup wizard, which runs the first time you access WHM.
- WHM News— This document provides information about the News link located at the top of the WHM interface. This feature provides any new information regarding our company and products.
- Change Log — This document provides information about the Change Log link provided at the top of the WHM interface. This feature tracks and lists changes in our software.
How-to guides for server administrators
These documents provide information about WHM, and instructions on how to accomplish various tasks on your WHM server.
Files, directories, and processes
These documents describe files and directories that WHM places on your server. You can access these via the command line interface.
- Scripts — This document provides a brief lists of scripts that are available to you in the
/scripts directory when cPanel and WHM is installed.
- Backup Contents — This document maps and briefly describes the contents of a cPanel & WHM backup file.
- The failurls File — This file allows you to specify hosts to which resellers can redirect cPanel users who fail to authenticate.
- cpanelsync's Exclude Functionality — You can learn how to prevent the
cpanelsync utility from updating files here.
- The Task Queue System in cPanel & WHM — This document explains how WHM queues services for restart, and how you can manually queue and unqueue a service.
Topic revision: r37 - 24 Aug 2011 - 18:19:54 - MelanieSeibert